Внешне «второй» Chevrolet Cruze корейской сборки отличается от версии для США иным оформлением решетки радиатора, чуть более массивной нижней кромкой переднего бампера и круглыми противотуманками вместо горизонтальных. Основное изменение салона – наличие рычага «ручника», тогда как у американских версий с «автоматом» установлен ножной привод. В зависимости от комплектации интерьер может быть полностью серым либо в сочетании серого со светлыми креслами и дверными картами.
Двигатель пока только один – бензиновая «турбочетверка» объемом 1.4 литра (153 л.с., 240 Нм) с непосредственным впрыском и системой стоп/старт, хотя в Америке Cruze второго поколения получит весной ещё и 1.6-литровый турбодизель. Выбрать трансмиссию в Корее также нельзя, поскольку новый седан во всех комплектациях оснащен 6-ступенчатым «автоматом». Паспортный расход топлива в смешанном режиме – от 7.4 до 7.8 л/100 км в зависимости от колес.
Для Chevrolet Cruze второго поколения доступны датчики слепых зон, система слежения за рядностью, индикатор расстояния до впередиидущего автомобиля с предупреждением об опасности столкновения, камера заднего вида, беспроводная зарядка смартфона, рулевое колесо с подогревом, а также адаптивные фары с LED-элементами. На базовых версиях установлен мультимедийный комплекс с 7-дюймовым экраном, а в качестве альтернативы предложено головное устройство с 8-дюймовым дисплеем.
Стартовая стоимость нового Chevrolet Cruze в Южной Корее – около 16.2 тысяч долларов США. Топовая комплектация оценивается в 21 тысячу долларов.
Uncompromised: Chevrolet Introduces All-New Cruze
- Larger and lighter, all-new compact sedan is more agile for a dynamic driving experience
- Larger and lighter, all-new compact sedan is more agile for a dynamic driving experience
- All-new 1.4L turbocharged engine with direct injection supported by stop/start technology offers fuel economy of 15.5 km/l on the highway
- Advanced adaptive safety features include Lane Keep Assist, Forward Collision Alert and Advanced Parking Assistance
SEOUL - Chevrolet today introduced the all-new 2017 Cruze - a larger and lighter, more efficient and more sophisticated evolution of the brand's best-selling global car.
Packed with new technologies, such as added active safety features and available Apple CarPlay, as well as a more spacious interior and athletic aerodynamically optimized design, the 2017 Cruze goes beyond the compact car segment.
Its new standard 1.4L turbocharged engine with direct injection and 153 ps of power, along with an available six-speed automatic transmission, offers fuel economy of 15.5 km/l on the highway. Stop/start technology contributes to the Cruze's efficiency in stop-and-go driving.
The new engine and a leaner architecture, which support a 110-kg overall weight reduction compared to the previous model, also contribute to the new Cruze's improved performance, with 0-100 kph acceleration of under 8 seconds.
"The 2017 Cruze builds on a very successful program that introduced Chevrolet to new customers the world over," said James Kim, president and CEO of GM Korea. "We have retained all the attributes that made the original Cruze a hit around the globe and built on them to make it more sophisticated, more fun and more Chevrolet."
Vehicle highlights include:
- A new 1.4L turbocharged engine with direct injection matched with a standard six-speed automatic transmission
- An all-new stronger and lighter body structure that enhances agility, efficiency and safety while reducing curb weight by 110 kg
- A class-leading 2,700-mm wheelbase that enhances roominess, including greater rear-seat legroom and knee room
- Available projector headlamps with light-emitting diode (LED) signature lighting and LED daytime running lamps
- More standard features than most competitors, such as four-wheel disc brakes, a rearview camera, available Chevrolet MyLink with Apple CarPlay capability, a standard 7-inch-diagonal screen and an available 8-inch-diagonal screen
- Available new features, including wireless phone charging, a heated leather-wrapped steering wheel, advanced parking assist and the IntelliBeam system
- Available advanced safety features, including Side Blind Spot Alert, Lane Keep Assist and Forward Collision Alert
Wind tunnel-optimized design
The 2017 Cruze's expressive design is derived from a balance struck between the designers' inspiration and the efficiency-optimizing input of wind tunnel testing, leveraging the aerodynamic experience of vehicles including the Volt. The result is one of the sleekest-looking cars in the Cruze's class, with a 0.28 coefficient of drag - an attribute that contributes directly to excellent fuel economy.
Proportionally, the new Cruze is 25 mm longer and 10 mm lower in height than the previous generation, giving it a longer and leaner appearance. A faster windshield rake and a faster-sloping rear profile lend a sportier look, while the rear profile culminates in a standard integral rear spoiler that contributes to the car's aerodynamic efficiency.
The sleek profile is complemented by detailed layered line work in the hood and body-side panels, contributing to an overall impression of muscularity - with an athletic stance enhanced by a longer wheelbase.
The headlamps sweep back into the front fenders and an expressive, stacked dual-port grille design offers upscale attention to detail. The new Cruze also comes with premium lighting systems, including projector-beam headlamps and standard LED signature daytime running lamps.
Additional design details include:
- A center high-mounted stop lamp with a wide LED display that is positioned at the top of the roofline for a more refined appearance
- Seamless rocker panels that convey upscale attention to detail and contribute to aerodynamic performance
- Polished aluminum, piano black and bright-finished accents that provide a more contemporary and upscale aura
Roomier, more connected passenger space
With greater spaciousness and technology, the 2017 Cruze's interior is designed to be more comfortable and an even more connected environment for the driver and passengers.
The improved spaciousness includes more rear legroom (939 mm) and 49 mm more rear knee room than in the Hyundai Avante. There is also greater perceptual spaciousness in the new Cruze, driven by flowing line work in the instrument panel, which blends almost seamlessly with the front door panels.
Like the exterior, the Cruze's interior - and the instrument panel in particular - features lean, muscular and layered surfaces built around the Chevrolet-signature dual-cockpit theme. It is a thoroughly modern design that emphasizes human-technology interaction through the prominent standard MyLink screen in the center stack and details such as compatibility with Apple CarPlay and wireless phone charging.
A mixture of accents, from piano black and matte black finishes to bright trim, along with more premium features, such as an available heated leather-wrapped steering wheel and wireless phone charging, provide the cabin with an upscale ambience generally reserved for midsize sedans - but one that is becoming increasingly important to consumers around the globe who want premium amenities in smaller vehicles.
Additional interior features and amenities include:
- More soft-touch surfaces and animal-grained, micro-etched surfacing that enhances the premium look and feel of the interior
- Premium fabrics with French stitching that is distinctive for its contrasting stitch colors, and available premium black and brown leather
- A 4.2-inch-diagonal high-resolution driver information center in the gauge cluster
- Premium features that include heated front seats
With Apple CarPlay capability, the new Cruze's all-new Chevrolet MyLink infotainment system enables simple and intuitive use of smartphones. It integrates certain phone functions onto the Cruze's 7-inch-diagonal color touchscreen, allowing users to call up music, navigation apps and more via compatibility with Apple CarPlay. An up-level MyLink radio with an 8-inch display and navigation is available and also incorporates Apple CarPlay.
Larger, lighter and more dynamic architecture
An all-new, more rigid and lighter architecture is the 2017 Cruze's foundation for driving dynamism, while also playing a significant role in safety and efficiency. It consists of about 8 percent hot-stamped/high-strength steel, which contributes to an approximately 27 percent stiffer body structure.
The lighter structure is larger than that of the previous model, with the new Cruze's 2,700-mm wheelbase stretching nearly 25 mm longer while supporting front and rear suspensions with wide tracks (1,540-mm front/1,558-mm rear). Aluminum is used strategically in the suspension systems to optimize weight and handling.
Additionally, the new more rigid architecture is the primary enabler for exceptional chassis tuning, allowing more nimble and direct steering and handling attributes to foster driving confidence. The longer wheelbase and wide front and rear tracks further contribute to a lower wide footprint, which likewise enhances agility and the feeling of control.
Additional features include:
- A proven MacPherson strut front suspension design with specially tuned bushings and geometry to balance handling with comfort
- Rack-mounted electric power steering, which is standard on all models
- Four-wheel disc brakes, which are standard on all models
- StabiliTrak electronic stability control with traction control, rollover mitigation and anti-lock brakes, hill start assist which is standard
Power-dense, efficient turbocharged powertrain
The 2017 Cruze is powered by an all-new standard 1.4L turbocharged engine derived from GM's new family of small gasoline engines. It features direct injection and is matched with a standard six-speed automatic transmission. Stop/start technology is paired with the automatic transmission, contributing to efficiency in stop-and-go driving.
The engine is certified at 153 hp and 24.5 kg.m. With more torque than the previous Cruze's 1.4L turbocharged engine and a lighter architecture, the new powerplant is expected to deliver segment-topping performance. The new Cruze offers better acceleration than all of its competitors and better fuel economy than most.
The engine has an aluminum cylinder block and head, which helps reduce the Cruze's overall mass to enhance performance and efficiency. The engine's efficiency is also enhanced through reduced friction due to low-friction piston rings, a low-friction camshaft drive and a low-friction oil pump.
The stop/start feature automatically shuts off the engine when the car comes to a stop under certain driving conditions, such as at a stoplight. The engine automatically restarts when the driver takes his or her foot off the brake.
Advanced safety features
The 2017 Cruze's safety story begins with its new stronger body structure that incorporates high-strength steel in key areas to enhance strength and crash protection by helping to prevent intrusion into the passenger compartment.
It is available with an expanded range of adaptive crash-avoidance technologies, including Side Blind Spot Alert, Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning, and Forward Collision Alert with Following Distance Indicator.
Additional safety features include:
- A front passenger seat occupant sensing system, and rollover sensing and protection system
- A collapsible pedal assembly to help protect against lower-extremity injuries
- Three-point safety belts in all five seating positions, safety belt retractor pretensioners and lap pretensioners in the driver and front-passenger positions, and safety belt load limiters (with pretensioners) in the front safety belt retractors
• The tire pressure monitoring system and automatic headlamps